- 1.Personal Information Protection System
We appoint a person in charge of Personal Information for each division under a company-wide general manager, in order to make sure to: protect Personal Information in all divisions within the company, promote education regarding protection of Personal Information for employees, and establish a system in which Personal Information can be managed properly.
- 2.Acquisition of Personal Information
When acquiring Personal Information from customers, we specify the purposes and acquire such with the consent of customers in a lawful and fair manner to the extent necessary for achieving the purposes of use specified in advance.
- 3.Purposes of Use of Personal Information
We do not use Personal Information acquired by us without the consent of a customer himself/herself beyond the scope of the purposes of use. We use the Personal Information acquired by us for the following purposes:
- (1)Business notices that are relevant to specially equipped vehicles, products for customizing automobiles, products relating to welfare vehicles, services, etc. that we are dealing with;
- (2)Fulfilment of responsibilities in transactions with customers;
- (3)Customer surveys to study product planning/development or methods for improving customer satisfaction, etc.;
- (4)Execution of business necessary for responses to customers’ inquiries for products/services and prompt implementation of services;
- (5)Other purposes of use specified when acquiring Personal Information; and
- (6)Responses based on the provisions of laws and regulations or the notifications/guidance of the administrative authorities, etc.
- 4.Disclosure of Customer Information to Third Parties
We do not disclose our customers’ information to third parties without the prior approval of a customer except in the following cases:
- (1)When a customer gives his/her consent;
- (2)When cooperating with requests under laws and regulations;
- (3)When the measure is urgently necessary to protect human life or human rights; or
- (4)When there are any other justifiable reasons (notification of addresses/names, etc. to delivery companies for sending goods/materials).
- In addition, if we entrust customers’ information to our business contractors to the extent necessary for achieving the purposes of use specified in advance, we let our business contractors assume the obligation of proper management under the agreement.
- 5.Collection of Personal Information from Websites
When collecting Personal Information from a website opened by us, encryption (SSL) is used, therefore customers can transmit their Personal Information safely.
- 6.Inquiries from Customers
If we receive a request of disclosure, correction, discontinuance of use or deletion of a customer’s Personal Information from the customer himself/herself or his/her agent, we respond to such request without any delay except in the following cases:
- (1)If responding is likely to harm the life, body, property or any other rights/ interests of the customer himself/herself or a third party;
- (2)If responding is likely to significantly affect the proper implementation of our business; or
- (3)If responding violates laws and regulations.
- In addition, for complaints in relation to our handling of Personal Information, we respond to such appropriately to a reasonable extent.
- ・Department responsible: General Administration Department No.2, General Administration Division No.2
- ・Office hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (except for Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays, Golden Week holidays/summer holidays/year-end and new year holidays)
- 7.Compliance with Laws and Regulations and Improvement
April 1, 2019
Toyota Customizing & Development Co,.Ltd.